Sunday, September 8, 2013

Lavender infused syrup, anyone? ( Thanks, Anna!)

It's only fair to give credit where credit is due.. My darling daughter Anna remembered that I said how much I enjoyed my lavender infused latte while on vacation this past summer. I had planned to look this recipe up for lavender syrup but hadn't gotten around to it. She recently sent me the following link! 




 I just happened to have a huge bunch of lavender sitting on my table from my garden. Mine was slightly dried.
photo before straining:
    It only took me a few minutes and voila I have lavender syrup and have added it to my coffee latte every morning and afternoon since!!  Not everyones 'cup of tea' but I really enjoy it!!  btw the original recipe calls for two cups of sugar ( OUCH!) , I only used one, but of course it is not as 'syrupy' but the flavor is there. I keep mine in a glass jar in the fridge!  I plan to add it to some bake goods chocolate chip- espresso-lavender cookies!  I'll let you know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment